Saturday, June 7, 2008

Alonso Drops Strong Juve Hint

Liverpool's Xabi Alonso has welcomed the recent reports linking him with a move to the Stadio Olimpico, describing Juventus as a "special team"...

Alonso Drops Strong Juve Hint

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez's putsuit of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry could push Xabi Alonso out of the Reds' starting XI.

It doesn't end there, though, because Alonso, with Spain on Euro 2008 duty, is excited by his recent link to Juventus and could wave goodbye to Anfield altogether.

The 26-year-old has been the subject of a rumoured £16m move to Serie A since the end of the season and feels that a transfer to La Vecchia Signora would 'complete' his career.

"I know the Bianconeri follow me," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "I know there has already been contact with Liverpool and my agent, too.

"I can say that I am really proud to be linked with a strong and historic club like Juventus.

“Del Piero, Nedved and Trezeguet were great champions who had the courage to go in Serie B [the club's match fixing punishment] and that means something. Juve is a really special team.

“After four years of playing in La Liga and four in England, playing in Italy would be a little completion of my career.”

Alonso could link up with former Reds team-mate Mohamed Sissoko in Turin.

by Duncan Robertson, Goal.com

0 comments:

Liverpool Fan Club Blog © 2008. Design by : Yanku Templates Sponsored by: Tutorial87 Commentcute